This weekend the Inter-American Development Bank is launching their new MapAmericas platform at their annual meetings in Montevideo. The new platform features interactive maps of the region’s countries that provide detailed information on active IDB projects, ranging from data showing where and how money is being invested, [...]Continue Reading →
The current administration of the US Government has been increasingly looking at ways to both reduce costs as well as leverage more appropriate technology in order to provide services. The “Federal Cloud” is an initiative to adopt more cost-effective solutions that don’t require huge infrastructure [...]Continue Reading →
Last week the tremendous team at the United Nations Environment Programme GRID-Arendal launched their OCEANIDS tool. Focused on sharing and open access to rich scientific data, the team is using GeoIQ to engage with citizens, governments, and researchers around the world to collaborate on important [...]Continue Reading →
As I’ve been tracking the ongoing crisis in Syria I often felt I was only getting half the story not being able to read Arabic. This was especially frustrating when I’d check out all the rich data being generated by SyriaTracker. Citizens in Syria are reporting on the violence through social media [...]Continue Reading →
Last year was an incredibly exciting [...]Continue Reading →
If you’re not aware of OpenStreetMap – it’s a global community of volunteers that are gathering, measuring, and improving a map of the world. We have been long time members and supporters of the OpenStreetMap community and utilize the data and technology throughout GeoIQ and GeoCommons.
We’re devoted to improving open-source geospatial technology [...]Continue Reading →
Welcome to the Esri DC Development Center blog. We write about features of our work on big data analytics, open platforms, and open data, what is new and exciting in the Esri and community, and general industry thought leadership and discussions of geospatial data visualization and analysis.
Please explore what we're working on and let us know if you have any questions or ideas!
- Untitled Map email@example.com
- Wenonah learyb93
- Earthquake_2 gayomath
- Distribution map genus Metalpheus Coutière, 1908 in the Gulf of Mexico bdmy
- A320 Abflüge USA gayomath
- Distribution map Genus Leptalpheus Williams, 1965 in the Gulf of Mexico bdmy
- tictac-cordonnier.blogspot.com on Heat Maps for Google Maps – (a.k.a GeoIQ mashup)
- baju bayi on Dataset of the Day: Coexistence between People, Animals, and Plants in Limited Space. Who Wins?
- Kenneth Jilek on The Importance of Public Domain Data being Easy to Access: The Case of the Minneapolis Bridge Collapse
- Pearle Alires on Dataset of the Day: After the Floods, Farmers Get a Little Help From Uncle Sam!
- Joeann Stoeckel on Dataset of the Day: State Firearm Restrictions, Solely based on Crime Rates?